Cage Match is the tabletop game of head-to-head, mixed martial arts combat. The object of the game is to defeat your opponent, either by knockout via depleting either his head or body, or by submission via taking him down to the mat, passing his guard and successfully applying a submission move. Play with fighters of varying backgrounds, from boxing to freestyle wrestling to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Cage Match uses the patented (pending) Head2Head Duels system of simultaneous secret action selection. Just like a real fight, there is no “my turn, your turn”. There are no cards to fumble for. You can do any move, any time, as long you can pay its focus cost. Just beware, because every move in Cage Match has a counter and there is still a roll of the dice!
- MMA is a huge sport worldwide, it’s growing, and there isn’t a MMA board game out there.
- According to Google, the fight between UFC star Conor McGregor and boxer Floyd Mayweather was the third-largest global sporting event of 2017.
- The McGregor-Mayweather bout got over 4MM pay per views in the U.S. with an audience estimated around 50MM.
- At the time of that fight, Washington Post-Umass Lowell ran a poll: 1 in 4 Americans considers himself a fan of MMA, and 2 in 5 considers himself a fan of either MMA or boxing.
- It is popular throughout the world. In Brazil, MMA is the No. 2 sport to soccer, with fighters like Anderson Silva once having some 97% awareness among Brazilians.
- While mostly popular in North and South America, MMA has fans in Europe and Asia as well.
Cage Match is tested over one hundred times with friends, friends of friends, complete strangers, adults, children, MMA fans, non-fight fans, gamers and non-gamers. It’s fast-moving, it’s strategic, and it’s fun.
If you’re interested in a demo, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you complete materials that you can play. If you live in or near Chicago, we can meet in person.
All images and materials are owned by Romanfgames, LLC. Initial layout by Nathan Paoletta.